Jesuit Projects on Colombia
- The Center for Investigation and Popular Education (Centro de Investigación y Educación Popular — CINEP) is a non-profit foundation dedicated to constructing a more humane and equitable society through the promotion of comprehensive and sustainable development; in addition to serving as a think tank and documentation center, its projects include an organization for mediation, the Peace Project, and participatory processes to engage the Colombian public.
- Jesuit Refugee Services/Colombia is dedicated to serving, accompanying, and defending refugees and internally displaced persons in Colombia.
- Northwest Jesuits offers a number of resources on Colombia, including information about educational exchanges.
National Projects & Organizations
- Catholic Relief Services Colombia
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Amnesty International
- Colombia Human Rights Network
- America Friends Service Committee
U.S. Policy Groups
- U.S. Office on Colombia has played a leading role in the establishment of a national US non-profit policy working group on Colombia.
- Latin American Working Group represents the interests of over 60 major religious, humanitarian, grassroots and policy organizations to decision makers in Washington regarding Colombia and other issues.
- Washington Office on Latin America provides policy leadership, coalition building, NGO capacity building, and public education on Latin America, including Colombia.
- Department of State Colombia Desk
- My Brother Was a False Positive — A first hand account of Colombian paramilitary brutality
- The Compass for Colombia Policy — Written by the Latin America Working Group Education Fund, Washington Office on Latin America, Center for International Policy, and US Office on Colombia, “The Compass” charts a new way forward for one of the main foreign policy challenges that the next U.S. administration will face. This report makes a detailed, persuasive case for a new U.S. strategy that would achieve current policy goals while ending impunity and strengthening respect for human rights.
- Colombia Education and Reflection Toolkit
- In All Things (2002) Focus on Colombia English, Spanish, Supplement
Prayer & Reflection
Prayer for Peace
For peace in every country
For the victims of violence everywhere
For those struggling for peace and justice
For churches in conflict situations
For a world without war and violence
Lead me from death to life, from falsehood to truth,
Lead me from despair to hope, from fear to trust.
Lead me from hate to love, from war to peace,
Let peace fill our beings, our world and our universe.
(From Catholic Relief Services Prayer Service. Adapted from Gifts of Many Cultures Worship Resources for the Global Community Maren C. Tirabassi & Kathy Wonson Eddy, United Church Press, 1995)