Posts Tagged with ‘Regis University’
- Jesuit Commons: Higher Education at the Margins Considering Expansion
Jesuit Commons: Higher Education at the Margins (JC:HEM), a project bringing online courses from Jesuit universities to refugee camps worldwide, is considering a major expansion that may eventually include the creation of an online-only Jesuit....
- Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities Announces Jesuit Father Michael J. Sheeran as President
The Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU), which serves the 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the U.S., has announced that Jesuit Father Michael J. Sheeran will begin his tenure as president on April....
- Jesuit Commons Program Receives 2012 Distinguished Program Award from the Association for Continuing Higher Education
The Regis University (Denver, Colo.) College for Professional Studies (CPS) has received national recognition for the second time this year for its Jesuit Commons: Higher Education at the Margins (JC:HEM) initiative, which brings higher education....
- Regis University Wins Award for Jesuit Commons: Higher Education at the Margins Program
Regis University’s College for Professional Studies has won the national-level University Professional and Continuing Education Association’s Outstanding Credit Program Award for the “Jesuit Commons: Higher Education at the Margins” program, bringing Jesuit higher education to refugees.
- Jesuits and Collaborators Meet to Develop Educational Opportunities for Refugees
- Regis University Offering Online Courses to Refugees in Kenya, Syria and Malawi
Regis University in Denver is taking the lead on a program to teach online college courses in refugee camps in Malawi and Kenya, and in urban Syria. The four-year pilot project is called "Jesuit Commons: Higher Education at the Margins" and it aims to solve a stark problem: the dearth of higher education options for refugees.