Press and Publications
Since St. Ignatius bought a printing press in 1556, the Jesuits have always been involved in communications through popular media.
American Jesuits, under the leadership of the Jesuit Conference, produce several national projects of interest.
- America, a national weekly journal of opinion
- National Jesuit News, a newsblog that reports news and opinions of American Jesuits around the world.
Jesuit-Inspired Works of Interest
While not sponsored directly by the Jesuit Conference, here are other Jesuit inspired communications works of interest:
- Loyola Productions — A creative media company that builds on the 450 year old Jesuit tradition of effective involvement in the communication arts. By producing and distributing quality films, videos and music, we provide an opportunity for our audience to absorb and reflect on valuable insights, challenging content, engaging issues, brilliant images and meaningful music. Loyola Productions illuminates hearts and minds through the stories and sounds of the human experience.
- Loyola Press — Loyola Press publishes books and materials in appreciation of the wisdom, beauty and vitality of the 2,000-year-old Catholic tradition of story and sacrament, mystery and mercy, catholicity and compassion.
- JESCOM — A world-wide network of Jesuits engaged in the communications media.