On April 2, 2008, Father General Adolfo Nicolás informed the provincials of the United States of his approval of the “perspectives, priorities, and actions” chosen as a result of the assistancy strategic discernment planning phase that extended from October 2004 through October 2007.
Below you will find links to key documents of this planning phase, including the approved text of Responding to the Call of Christ: A Renewed Way of Proceeding for Our Mission Today outlining the decisions and commitments made by the Jesuit Conference board, and a “documentary history” that compiles a number of important documents and reports that led to and informed the final decisions and commitments.
- Progress Report – Timeline and formal agreements
- Assistancy Strategic Discernment – Decisions and Commitments of the United States Provincials (English)
- Discernimiento Estratégico de la Asistencia – Decisiones y Compromisos de los Provinciales de Estados Unidos – (Español)
- Report and Recommendations on a Process for Ongoing Social & Cultural Analysis
- Report and Recommendations on Formation for Leadership and Governance
- Weaving a New Net: Report and Recommendations on Vocation Promotion