St. John’s Parish began in 1887 as St. John’s Collegiate Chapel on the campus of Creighton University in Omaha.
St. John’s Parish
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
402-280-3031

Visit Website
St. John’s Parish
Omaha, Nebraska

St. John’s Parish began in 1887 as St. John’s Collegiate Chapel on the campus of Creighton University in Omaha so that students would have a place to worship. In 1897, St. John’s was officially established as a parish church.

A series of expansions between 1920 and 1922 doubled the church’s capacity, and extensive interior work was completed. It wasn’t until 1977 that the east tower received a steeple and hands for its clock; in 1981, the church was designated as a city landmark.

In 2002, St. John’s Parish began its parish renewal, resulting in the development of an Adult Faith Formation program. The parish also offers spiritual direction and a library.

St. John’s parishioners are active in several social justice and peace ministries, including Human Rights Watch, Justice for Immigrants and Pax Christi.

St. John's Parish Partners program has established a relationship with two parishes on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation: Sacred Heart and Our Lady of the Sioux. The partnership includes a clothing and food drive and a yearly visit to the reservation in November.






Jesuit Retreat Center of Los Altos
The Jesuit Retreat Center of Los Altos has offered prayerful solitude and inspiring vistas to those seeking spiritual rejuvenation since 1925.