All 28 U.S. Jesuit Higher Ed Institutions Named in U.S. News & World Report 2013 Rankings
Tags: AJCU, association of jesuit colleges and universities, higher education, Jesuit, jesuits, Society of Jesus
All the U.S. Jesuit higher education institutions are among America’s “Best Colleges,” according to the latest U.S. News & World Report rankings for 2013. All 27 Jesuit research and master’s colleges and universities were recognized, and the College of the Holy Cross, the only exclusively undergraduate Jesuit institution in the country, was listed among the “Best Liberal Arts Colleges.”
Some of the highlights from this year’s rankings include:
- Creighton University’s tenth year in a row as No. 1 for Midwest master’s universities.
- A 13-rank movement for Loyola University Chicago and University of San Francisco, which both moved from 119 to 106 among national universities.
- Eight Jesuit institutions moved up in the rankings this year.
AJCU President Jesuit Father Gregory F. Lucey said, “Once again, it is wonderful to learn that all 28 Jesuit institutions were listed among the best colleges and universities in the United States. This is a great reflection of the hard work and dedication that presidents, administrators, faculty and staff have put into making their schools such excellent places for learning.”
21. Georgetown University
31. Boston College
58. Fordham University
83. Marquette University
92. Saint Louis University
106. Loyola University Chicago
106. University of San Francisco
LIBERAL ARTS COLLEGES
REGIONAL MASTER’S UNIVERSITIES
|REGIONAL MASTER’S UNIVERSITIES
9. Loyola University New Orleans
17. Spring Hill College
REGIONAL COLLEGES – SOUTH